Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Don't look Mommy... you don't want to know!


"Mommy... can I have this sucker?".... "no Austanne, you need to eat breakfast." (2 minutes later) "Austanne, what are you doing?".... Austanne: :"Mommy, you don't want to know what I am doing."  as she picks at the picture that holds the sucker!
     Are we like that with our relationship with God? I know I have been in the past. He is like "No.... I don't want you to do that...." and we are thinking we know whats best for us. God must just be a party pooper.... what harm could it do to dabble in a little of this and a little of that, right? But yet He stands there and says, "Hey... what do you think you are doing?" (as if he doesn't already know!) and we know we are guilty so we just say "God... you don't want to know what I am doing!"
     Reminds me of Adam and Eve in the garden. Eve took of the fruit of the tree - she shouldn't have. Adam joined in and ate too. They knew better and when God was like "Ummm... where are you?" they kept hiding! Seriously... hiding from God? He can see you and knows exactly where you are and what you are up to! Funny they thought they could hide from him when just before they communicated with Him and He was there with them all along. Reminds me of a toddler who tries to hide when they know they are in trouble.... or the ostrich that sticks its head in the sand saying "I can't see you, so you can't see me!"
     God knows what the deal is, He knows if your dabbling in temptation. Step back, don't cave in.....
__________________________________________________________________________

"And remember, when someone wants to do wrong it is never God who is tempting him, for God never wants to do wrong and never tempts anyone else to do it. Temptation is the pull of man's own evil thoughts and wishes." JAMES 1 VERSES 13 & 14

No comments:

Post a Comment