Monday, June 4, 2012

Keep going... never stop!

 
 Keep swimming.... keep swimming! Do you remember that part from Finding Nemo? That line and the birds that all say "mine... mine.... mine" seem to pop in my head frequently! there are days with the kids where I say just keep swimming - keep going! Don't give up..... as the kids are driving me nuts going... "mine... mine.... mine.... mine!" yes... my sanity wants to evade my head and just let me go crazy!
     Today was one of those days! I don't know what triggered it.... maybe my extreme fatigue, the 20 interruptions we had this morning while attempting to get our school lessons done, or just the mental chaos that I had in my head of knowing all I had to do. But in the end, we finished our school lesson, we managed to get our messes cleaned up from the morning and go on a bike ride. Just when things seemed to calm down some, it became a rush against the clock to get the kids lunch and a short bedtime movie so we could get up in time to get Aaron from school to rush home and start all over again!
     In the end, the day ended on a good note. We ate a decent dinner and went to the spider web park. The kids had a great time climbing and getting out all that extra energy! I was amazed as I looked at James climb like it was the easiest thing in the world for a boy his age! He is a mere 2 1/2 and is a tad on the short to average side. He did not quit, he did not give up... he just kept climbing and climbing!
     What a valuable lesson to take in life... even when climbing up hill, fighting a battle that seems to be relentless, keep going, keep climbing... because the prize is soon to come! The goal is within reach! When reaching out to tell others about Jesus, when they push you away.... don't give up on them too soon! Keep pressing on, keep praying and keep believing!

_________________________________________________________________________________

Philippians 3:14

New International Version (NIV)
14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

_________________________________________________________________________________

No comments:

Post a Comment