Monday, June 25, 2012

All tangled up!


The kids were outside playing and having a grand time! They discovered how to spin in circles on the tire swing! SO much fun they thought! The girls took turns as the boys pushed and then the boys took turns as the girls pushed. They all laughed in grand excitement as they experienced the thrills of going so fast! Then I heard it.... after about 20 minutes of spinning. Tabitha came rushing over to me as I was talking to Stephen. "MOM! MOM! Austanne has an emergency! She needs your help fast!" So I went over knowing it couldn't be that bad because I did not hear any shrills cries for help. 
     There sat Austanne on the tire swing with her siblings gathered around with mouths down to the ground. They all knew it was not good. Austanne had managed to spin so fast her hair got caught in the bar swing next to it and spun along with them. She looked discouraged and saddened. 
     Assessing the situation I immediately thought we may need to chop her hair. Visions of a partially bald child on the one side of her heard filled my head. After about 10 minutes of working her hair like a puzzle, the hair was out of the swing and a sigh of relief was released by all the children, especially Austanne.                                                                              
 Have a crazy situation come up in your life? Suddenly you feel like you are stuck in some maze or some puzzle and you are overwhelmed with how to get out? I know Austanne was. I think back of David in the Bible. There were plenty of times where he was overwhelmed as he wrote the book of Psalms. But instead of getting discouraged he stood back and prayed, called out to God... and let God undo the mess! I encourage you to stand back and let God take control! 

__________________________________________________
I Corinthians 10:13
Every test that you have experienced is the kind that normally comes to people.  But God keeps his promise, and he will not allow you to be tested beyond your power to remain firm: at the time you are put to the test, he will give you the strength to endure it, and so provide you with a way out.

No comments:

Post a Comment