Sunday, June 17, 2012

Dropping drawers...

      This morning James got dressed himself, getting his own underwear on and rest of his attire. He informed me his underwear were a tad loose, but I dismissed the thought. A couple hours later we were packed and ready to go for an afternoon of fun at Cabella's about an hour from our house. As we walked through the store I observed James with his hands in his pockets all scrunched to the front of himself as if he was trying to hold his shorts on. After about a half an hour Stephen was holding James in his arms horizontally tickling his belly and his thigh and butt cheeks emerged. I asked Stephen if James maybe misplaced his underwear? He said he did not think so. So I did the usual "check" a mom would do for a diaper check, but this time for underwear! "Ahhh! No underwear!" I said in shock! Then.... I looked further... "AHHHHH -- his underwear ARE on... they are just down to his knees!" LOL
     James continued to walk around for about 20 minutes afterwards since I pulled up his underwear and all seemed well. As we were exploring a tent with the whole family and many others in the store (it was packed) a lady entered the tent and looked at the kids doing the typical head count and giving the look of "Holy crap... how many do these people have?" .... then she started to laugh and I looked over to see what was so funny. James decided he needed to get his underwear back in order and pulled down his pants in the tent to pull up his underwear! LOL
     A hasty retreat was made to the ladies room where I told him we would change his underwear into a pair that would fit better (I had spare ones in my bag in case of emergency). He enters the stall and pulls down his shorts to pee and excitedly he announces "WOW! My underwear!" as he discovered them below his knees again!
     No true lesson came from this other than a good laugh! He had put on Aaron's underwear (Aaron is 12, James is two!) At least I was prepared for the situation and he was able to get some clothes on that fit!
______________________________________________________________________


No comments:

Post a Comment