Tuesday, May 29, 2012

The stage was set - the war was ready!

     The stage was set outside Detroit- the war was ready..... Daddy was pulling in the driveway with Aaron after a long days work. Strategically placed were Tabitha, David, Austanne, James and myself. The weapons were prepared and ready for fire. Sneakily we came and surrounded the truck.... they seemed to know we were up to something. We yelled and shouted for them to come out, they were surrounded, but it was to no avail. Finally, a door popped open, Daddy came out, a few minutes later Aaron came out. it was ALL OUT WAR!
     Ammo was flying everywhere, victims left and right.... many repeatedly hit. This was serious! I tried to take cover and duck but it was to no use. I had been targeted and hit. Once in the back, twice in the neck/head. This was serious.... payback was on its way! The boys jumped in trying to help but it was useless, they too were taken out as they ran out of ammo. Soon, Austanne was under attack, and we had to defend her. Racing through the yard we began a full-on attack and took out Aaron. The only ones left were Tabitha, Daddy and Austanne..... and Daddy was using Tabitha's ammo.... at the end of the battle Aaron managed to sneak ammo from Tabitha and aimed at Austanne.... unknowingly she grabbed at a bowl and held it up in her frustration and it worked as a shield and guarded her from the attack!
     This ammo? Good old fashioned water balloons .... 75+ to be more precise! The motive: to have fun! You see, this all started on an afternoon trip to K-mart. The four munchkins and I set out in the morning to get gas an a gallon of milk... we got gas and the kids begged and pleaded to go to Meijer - why? Because they sold zoobles! Instead I opted for K-mart. We get our milk and some other items and hit the toy department so Austanne could spend her $3 she earned and Tabitha could spend her money (79 cents). Needless to say after about five minutes I was ready to rip my hair out! WHAT was I thinking of taking four kids ages 2 1/2 - 6 down the toy aisle of a store?! Obviously I wasn't thinking I wanted to stay sane much longer!
     After a half an hour the kids found something for their money - Austanne, her beloved zooble.... James, a swimming noodle, David, bubbles (and a toy Story Garbage man truck that he REALLY wanted but had NO idea that I bought it for him - for a later date).... and Tabitha walked away sad because she was not allowed to buy the huge My Little Pony set up that was only $29 more than what she had.... nor could she buy the princess set that was again, about $20 more than what she had.... so on our way to the front to pay for our stuff we spotted the box/package of water balloons! Joy! David put back his bubble and we bought 2 packages of water balloons! We came home, the kids ate lunch, napped and I spent the next hour and a half filling water balloons (and breaking just as many if not more all over myself as they filled in my kitchen sink!)
     All this to say.... was it worth it? Was it worth not getting some huge expensive toy that she probably did not need? Was it worth the crying? Was it worth the wait of finding something that we REALLY wanted? Was it worth spending an hour an a half filling up water balloons? Was it worth/is it worth me still finding balloons all over my house (thank God that are not full of water!)....? I have to say yes!
     These are the children that God has blessed me with.... These are the moments and the memories that I get to create with them! Is it worth getting wet from? Yes! Is it worth hearing them cry and complain? Yes.... although they drive me nuts with that!!!! I know when I married my husband 7 1/2 years ago I never imagined that we would have this many kids and so close in age! I wanted a lot of kids but I could not have pictured life like this! I am beyond blessed and SO thankful for not only my children but also for my husband who also is willing to jump right in and join us in playing! Is it worth it all? Yes, Yes and YES!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Psalm 127:3-5


Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord,
     the fruit of the womb a reward.
Like arrows in the hand of a warrior
    are the children[a] of one's youth.
Blessed is the man
    who fills his quiver with them!
He shall not be put to shame
    when he speaks with his enemies in the gate.[b]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments:

Post a Comment